Covid-19, or the Coronavirus, has left engaged couples across the world with delayed or cancelled weddings. Maybe you’re one of them. Church, chapel, vineyard, hall and farm ceremonies have been pushed back or called off outright. There are destination weddings without flights. Honeymoon cruises with empty cabin suites. Reception halls without receptions. Many couples have opted to delay their weddings until later in 2020 or even 2021. Even more have not yet decided what they’re going to do. Portland elopements and Covid-19 are definitely two things that are starting to trend together and we are here to help you elope if that is what you decide to do!
Portland Elopements and Covid-19 doesn’t have to be scary
Each of us at Elope in Portland are here for you to help! Rev Dee can’t wait to help you write your perfect ceremony, Annie with Floral Sunshine would love to design you the most beautiful floral arrangements and Andrea Zajonc is so excited to capture memories for you that will last a lifetime.
So what are your options?
First, know that you’re not alone. Millions of couples across the globe have been affected. Even Princess Beatrice (granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth) and her fiancé Edoardo Mapellii Mozzi have put their lavish royal wedding on indefinite hiatus.
Second, it’s important to understand that planning a wedding during this time isn’t about what you can’t do or what we’re all missing. It’s about creating an experience that is as beautiful and as unique as your relationship. If you’ve been locked down with your fiance, think about all the things you’ve learned about their character during this challenging time. And if you’ve been forced apart, you’ve had plenty of time to reflect on why you want to spend the rest of your life with them.
Finally, while there are so many things outside our control right now, your wedding is still all about you. You may be getting pressure from venues or vendors to do things a certain way, but you still have choices. Portland elopements and covid-19 means that there will be less guests than you may have originally wanted on your wedding day but Elope in Portland will always make sure your day is special and intimate!
Here are a few trends we’ve been seeing
- Ceremony now. Reception later. Separating the ceremony from the reception is a longstanding tradition. We don’t know when the current crisis will pass. That’s why so many couples are embracing an intimate, beautiful ceremony now, and the big reception of their dreams with all their friends and family once everyone can gather and celebrate safely.
- Guests expect pictures, not seats. Good elopement photos capture the event. Truly great elopement photos capture candid, emotional moments full of light and joy. Eloping no longer means excluding family and friends. It means including them in a safe and loving way, and sharing the moments you treasure in a way that lets them know how much you care.
- Weekday weddings are rising in popularity. With social distancing as the current reality, couples are prioritizing privacy and space when considering their elopement options. Weekday weddings are an excellent strategy to snag that perfect waterfall or park backdrop without compromising on safety.
- Date flexibility. Every year, popular venues are booked for further and further out. Sought-after dates in popular venues are often scheduled up to 18 months or more in advance, with waiting lists, weather uncertainty and pricy, non-refundable deposits. Elopements are all about you, with a flexible, accommodating approach that guarantees the ceremony is planned around your dreams, and not the other way around.
- No crowds! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy our Pacific Wonderland. It’s your own backyard in a way you’ve never experienced before.
- Eloping in Portland isn’t thinking small! We have the northwest’s most beautiful parks, beaches, waterfalls and backyards right here. Spend your intimate wedding in the place you love most.
We at Elope in Portland would love to work with you to help you navigate these this tricky time. We cannot wait to help you start your greatest adventure here in Portland, OR!
Share this story